Sunday, October 19, 2008

Female Sportscasters....are they necessary?

Soooooo I'm usually all about women advancing in their chosen profession, whatever that may be, as long as they are able to do it without exploiting their sexuality. Do female sportscasters do this? Are they ALL knowledgable about sports in general? Is there some new quota for every sports channel to have 1 female for every 4 men?

I don't know about you, but when I watch my football on Saturday, I don't need to see Jane Smith on the sidelines trying to act like she knows what she's talking about. Some of the ladies are professional and you can tell know their stuff. They aren't trying to just giggle their way through it - Lisa Salter for example. However, SO many of them ask the players and coaches the most idiotic questions.

Until these ladies start learning something about the game of football, I'm going to just mute the t.v. until the game is back in play. Get back with me when they get their act together.

No comments: